We are here to engage with and provide assistance to Cowichan Valley constituents.

Our primary role is to help you navigate Provincial Government issues. If you have a problem or concern you need help with, we will do our best to serve you.

Please contact us if you need any assistance:

  • Finding information on, and contact information for, government programs and services
  • Understanding government policies and decisions
  • Ensuring due process when dealing with the provincial government

The BC Government website is a good entry point to the provincial government. This website provides many links and answers to common questions, and you may be able to find answers to your questions there. If you do not have access to the Internet, we can help you to use this site.

To provide you with help dealing with the provincial government, we will start by ensuring that:

  • You are residents of the Cowichan Region (if not, we will help you contact your own MLA)
  • Your concern falls within the jurisdiction of the BC provincial government
  • You have not already retained a lawyer to represent you, and your matter is not already pending before the courts

We will ask you to:

  • Complete an authorization form so we may make inquiries on your issue
  • Provide us with a clear description of your issue, including relevant supporting information and materials so that we can understand your concern and decide on the most appropriate way to proceed

Please note that we are unable to:

  • Offer you legal advice or assist you with legal action
  • Overturn the decision of any provincial government ministry or body
  • Influence independent offices, such as the ombudsperson, police complaints commissioner, and representative for children and youth
  • Change the time limits for filing appeals
  • Become involved in federal or municipal matters

Pin It on Pinterest